Monday, March 10, 2008

Exploring a Virtual School


The blog will take a slightly different focus over the next 8 weeks. Instructional Computing II is one of the courses I'm taking in the Educational Technology graduate program at the University of Florida. As part of the course, I have a unique opportunity to intern with a virtual school. This school is part of the Public School System. It is currently serving nearly 100,000 full and part time students who are taking over 90 courses in grades 6-12. (View demographics.) During the internship, I will be observing an online AP History course. This is especially valuable because I will be teaching AP Human Geography for the first time next year. There will be an online component, so I'm especially interested in course design and management.

I will share my reflections and insights here.

No comments: